Saturday, October 15, 2011

I made a Wreath!


My mom was over on Friday cutting some patterns and just hanging out. The baby was asleep, Alex was in the backyard playing with some friends, and I had nothing to do with my hands. I started going through a box of fall decorations that was nearby, (those still haven't been put up yet!), and I found the wood base for a wreath. I have never made one before, but I decided to give it a shot.

I didn't technically have anything to put on it, but once I started digging in the boxes of fall decorations, it quickly became apparent that I had all I needed. I found several bouquets of fake flowers that I knew I would never actually display, and I had some garlands of fall colored silk leaves that I actually do use, but I knew they could spare a few clippings here and there. I just cut them all off and started stringing them through open spots in the wreath base.

One of my favorite parts of the wreath is the sparkly bits. You can see one of them in the picture to the left. They look weird in the picture but in person they are really pretty.

The whole thing was actually a lot of fun. I finished in about an hour. I didn't have enough to cover the whole base, but it still seemed nice to me. I made a bow for it just to give it a little something. My mom said that it should have been much bigger but I like my little bow. It's cute. You have to look for it, sort of nestled in at the top, hiding under a leaf. :D

Anyway, I am kind of proud of my wreath that happened just because I was bored and happened to see the base laying in a box. I think it turned out well, and now it's hanging on my front door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments- thanks for sharing! :D

Follow by Email