Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Baby Shirts

My friend Stephanie started making really cute onesies, and I was intrigued. I started looking into fun designs for shirts and was inspired by all the cute stuff out there. Especially on www.pinterest.com and www.etsy.com. So I made a few myself. I have been meaning to post these for weeks but just haven't gotten the chance.

PUMPKIN SHIRT
I got the idea for this shirt from Stephanie. Her pumpkin was adorable
(CLICK HERE TO SEE IT), and I just had to have one too! Hers is much cuter, but I love mine all the same. I changed things up a bit by adding a ribbon stem and I curled some ribbons to use as leaves. After having seen it on her a few times, I am not a fan of the leaves. If I could do it over again, I would add one or two. They make the pumpkin look like a giant orange tomato. Still cute but not what I was going for. It's a little hard to see but I really love the fabric I found to use for the pumpkin. Its swirly, and fun.
LOVE BUG SHIRT

 
I got the idea for this one from www.livinglocurto.com. It was super easy and I can't wait to see it on her. I have to be honest though, I am a little bit nervous about the bows on the shoulders. I feel like they need to be glued on better or even sewn on. I am afraid they will come untied several times while she wears it. I guess I will just have to wait and see and make adjustments from there.



BLUE POLKADOT RIBBON AND BOW SHIRT







I have actually made and shared this one before. It was the first one I ever made, and I LOVED it! I knew it was going to be a problem when we went to put it on Hailey. It was a very tight squeeze. My husband made the comment that we were going to have a very hard time getting it off of her. He had no idea how right he was! That night, when I went to get it off, I couldn't even squeeze her arm past the ribbon to get it out of the arm hole. I ended up having to cut it off of her!!! That was sad. 

Below is a picture of the shirt I had to cut open to rescue my baby. So sad. It turns out that I shouldn't have put the ribbon all the way around the front and the back. Ribbon doesn't have any stretch, and until we put it on her, it never occured to me that it would need to. But it makes sense. So I had to remake the shirt, this time only putting the ribbon across the front. Oh well. Lesson learned I guess.
First hair bows and now shirts. I am in love with making things for my baby. I need ideas for my son too, because he is starting to feel left out. There aren't many ideas for easy diy stuff for older boys, although there is a lot for babies. Hair bows and pumpkins aren't exactly cool to an 8 yr old boy. I was thinking about doing one of those tie shirts maybe. I dunno. 

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a tie shirt! Did you see the one Phil wore Monday night? I think he just drew it on, Alex may find that fun. Some things I did with the Wilbur girls that were pretty cool were shirts we drew on with bleach pen, when you wash the design is left behind. Also you can draw on shirts with sharpies and then use rubbing alcohol to get a tie-dye effect.

    Here's where I got the ideas!
    http://www.crapivemade.com/2010/08/sharpie-tie-dye-t-shirts.html

    http://iammommahearmeroar.blogspot.com/2010/04/bleach-pen-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments- thanks for sharing! :D

Follow by Email