Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Photographers Giving Back

 I just read this and had to share. If you are a photographer this is something to consider. If you know a photographer, please pass this along. http://www.iheartfaces.com/2011/12/charities/ This is a great article about how photographers can volunteer to help others with their talent. There a lot of great links to many different organizations that someone could become involved in.

I for one, have been intrigued by Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep since I first heard of it a little over a year ago. Photographers volunteer to take portraits of families with their babies that have passed away. This is especially meaningful to me because when I lost my twins, and the funeral was over, the only thing that brought me even a small amount of comfort in those early days (I was not a Christian), were the pictures I had of them. I cannot imagine how much harder it would have been to grieve without those. Someday I would love to be a part of that, and help families in that way. I haven't looked into it yet, because I don't know that I am ready for it. I don't know that my photography, to be honest is good enough for what they deserve. And I don't know that I am ready yet, to experience that kind of grief again, even second hand. I know I will be some day, and hopefully I will get to be a part of this when I am. Losing a child is one of the hardest things I think a person can deal with in this life. So sad.

I am  also going to look into http://www.acpcg.org/default.htm. I never even knew this existed! Very similar but also different. I am so glad that there are things like this out there.

I borrowed the above image borrowed from the article. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments- thanks for sharing! :D

Follow by Email