Thursday, January 31, 2013

MICROWAVE SOAP FUN

If you have used Pinterest for very long, you have probably come across the pin that shows a kid holding what looks like a cloud, with the caption that says something like "microwave a  bar of Ivory soap!" We have been dying to try it, so today we did. (Normally I would link to the place I originally got my idea, but in this case, there is no way to know which is the original, so I will leave you to search Ivory soap if you want to see the choices). I had to split the soap in two so that they could each have half. My toddler simply had fun exploring it as a whole at first, whereas my son immediately started to take it apart and smush it into pieces. Sorry, these pictures aren't the highest quality, I was using a snapshot camera. This was not done with the intent of sharing. :D
 Once Hailey Bug noticed that her brother had started taking his apart, she decided to try it too!
The texture is super light and fluffy. To me, it very much resembled that fake snow stuff that you can buy at Christmas time to decorate the little house villages. But softer. I expected it to be a lot heavier than it was. And stickier. It wasn't sticky at all, actually.
As you can see here, it can be picked up by the handful and smushed back together, or played with kind of like sand, once it is all pulled apart. Which was surprisingly easy to do.

Next time, we are going to do this and then put it in the bathtub with a little bit of water. I can't wait to see what will happen. No matter what the result, I know it will be fun. I would definitely recommend this activity for anyone with kids. This entertained both of them for at least half an hour. And for a toddler, that is pretty good!

<3 Sarah


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4751831/?claim=v9j9jwzm4kj">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments- thanks for sharing! :D

Follow by Email